Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Dollar Tree Haul!

 Woah! What's this? A legitimate blog post? From me? Why yes it is! I've been itching to blog a lately and I sorta have a camera again! It's kinda crazy because I was gifted an ipad air for Christmas and had no idea how good of a camera are on those things! You'll see, it even captured the dryness of my hands wonderfully! (Thanks, Apple) but for real! I was shocked. But anyway I've been doing some dollar tree shopping lately and I have been amazed by the things I've found for a dollar! (And my family can't stand much more of my delight, much like with makeup and polish so I'm back!) I don't have them to show here, but my stores still have them but Essie Strips! At the dollar tree! I just had to get that out there since its one of my most impressive finds to date. But anywho this is gonna be a long one since I took so many pictures (and I tend to ramble, lets face it.) And in case you're curious the polish on my nails currently is Nicole by OPI Modern Family collection "Basking In Gloria"...it's been discontinued a while ago but you might find it drifting in clearance bins. I really love it...and I love Gloria, but I think dupes are definately out there.

 Some dollar trees (2 out of the 4 in my area have them) have wall type displays of LA Colors Polishes (in the beauty isle) and these two are new. This one is Cupids Arrow, AKA perfect for cutesy Valentines day nails. As you can see it's a glitter topper of hot pink and white matte glitters of various sizes. I bet it's limited edition.
 This. Oh my. This is the most gorgeous dollar polish I've ever seen. Hell. it's one of the most beautiful polishes I think I've ever seen...it's called Glam. It's got a gold shimmer base with baby pink and blue glitters...the gold base literally glows. Oh you must see this in person. The best description I could give is do you remember that Mermaid Collection that Deborah Lippman came out with? How about all the dupes for the blue one? Revlon's Perfumarie in Wintermint (I believe it was) or Sally girls Brainy? This polish has that look. It will also need built up like those. It's beautiful and it very well may get its own post in the very near future, since I don't know if this is limited edition but I think you should jump on it if you see it, since both of these came out the same time. (Ps thanks to ChaChaCakes on youtube for the heads up on these polishes!)
 These finds aren't too exciting...however I thought the shades were pretty and I thought maybe these were like those 5 pan palettes that come out at Walgreens (which I don't have access to) that people love around Christmastime. These are Profusion Gemineye palettes in Bare and Smoky. Truthfully I super into Astrology so I love this play on words. However, I'm not a Gemini. I haven't swatched these yet but when I do the might get there own posts if they're anything to write home about. They had one other shade and they were really bright and glittery and I don't know what it was called (you know me and my ever helpful hints...)
 E.L.F studio brushes! These are the "C" brushes...I can tell you these are very nice. I can't recommend the essentials line paddle brush anymore (since the brush bristles themselves seem to be shorter, less dense, and they seem to shed like crazy! I don't know if I keep finding bad batches but I'll be buying the studio ones from now on...what a rant lol but seriously, I bought my first go of them about two-three years ago and they're still going strong! But they must have changed them to cut cost my guess, or a bad batch. I dunno) but I've bought the studio brushes (this particular brush and more) and love them. So to find a $3 brush for $1 is always good in my book.
 Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polishes in Fiesta and Confetti Punch. I believe these polishes came out this past summer (well I know for sure Fiesta did anyway) and I've had mixed luck with Xtreme wear, so even though they were beautiful I didn't pick them up. But for a buck I figured I'd give them a shot. My DT had five different ones but these where the only ones I really liked.
 A close up of Confetti Punch. I thought it would be unique to my collection.
 Fiesta. I also don't have anything like this...it has matte black, white, and red glitters. I like it because it reminds me of card suits...for some reason I like cards...and card suits...I dunno lol
 Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Smoky Hazel Eyes. I think this is in the old, old packaging...I also don't have hazel eyes. But I like eye shadow. And Purple. So that's that.

Can you tell I'm running out of steam? Lol but if you're still reading, the best is just about last!
 L'oreal Color Riche Le Gloss in Short Shorts and Mint Ice! My jaw actually kinda dropped when I saw these (and I hope no body saw that lol) because I'm over dramatic intense sometimes. Most of the time. If I'd blog more maybe you'd know that ;) but on a serious note, these came out last spring and I wanted them then but they never came to my area! So I finally forgot about them...until well my jaw dropped and I threw them in my basket as soon as I saw them. They also had a jelly orange looking one, but oranges and corals aren't my thing so I didn't pick that up.If I remember right the green one is kinda milky on the lips and kinda nudes out your lips (making maybe a perfect nude? I dunno) and I'm not sure I read about the lilac shade, but I'm always up for a surprise.
 I'm always curious about those as seen on tv things but I normally never try them, but for a dollar, sure. Why not. So these are Hot Buns. I'm hoping these will maybe help me make a decent bun because my hair is very long, but also thin. So my buns have essentially no volume and look like a really tight knob looking thing since I have to re bun/ fold it over so may times if that makes any sense. My hair is only a couple inches off my butt in case you needed a visual Lol
The Air Curler! Did I mention my hair is also damn near pin straight naturally? No? Well it is...but I always want those loose curls...but I don't wanna spend an hour on a style that will be out of my hair in a few hours...so why not try this?


The dollar tree has kinda been a rediscovery for me...I haven't been there much since I was a kid but thanks to the internet I'm now aware that the dollar tree is quite the buy out store, kinda like Big Lots...just cheaper! I've seriously found some of the same things at the dollar store and big lots but for different prices.

So I definitely think you should check out your Dollar Tree and see what you can find because you never know! If you shop at the Dollar Tree let me know what you've found, and if you're on the look out for anything I hope you find it! :)

Love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment