Friday, August 2, 2013

It's Mardi Gras Somewhere...

Well probably not. BUT New Orleans is a place I've always wanted to go and I was feelin' this glitter bomb manicure since I got my paws on the Wet n' Wild glitters from I think the Glitter Rocks or Hot Rocks (?) collection....either way it's the last glitter collection they came out with and it's still floating around the drugstores :)
 From one angle...I know how unprofessional my photos look...I just try to get decent lighting for the moment...just look at the glitter and smile...
 This manicure was bright....so bright when I was showing it to my family they had a hard time seeing it...so I tried my hand with a matte top coat...
 Matted! I actually liked this mani matte better than shiny...you could actually see the colors. Not just a bright light kinda deal. But with three different glitters and two layers of topcoat (before that matte coat) believe me it was bright.
The culprits from left to right:
Revlon in All Fired Up (core line)
Wet n' Wild in Quartz of Course (Limited Edition, but still available)
Wet n' Wild in 18k Gold (LE, but still available)
Wet n Wild in Emerald the Crown Jewel (LE but still available)
NYC Matte top coat (core line)

FYI there was a red glitter in this collection that I missed out on but if you can find it (or another red glitter) it would look great with all the glitters above over black. That was my first idea until I forgot I don't have a red glitter, so I improvised. 
Lemme know if you try this out!
Thanks for reading!
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment